Man dies of electrocution, while using mobile on charge

 Telangana | Written by : Suryaa Desk Updated: Mon, Feb 25, 2019, 10:17 AM

A 23-year-old man died after being electrocuted while charging a mobile phone at his residence in Ibrahimpatnam on Saturday night. Police said that the incident happened when G. Naresh, 23, was holding the mobile phone in his hand while it was kept on charge.

Ibrahimpatnam inspector P. Guruva Reddy said that Gunukula Naresh was a mechanic and lived with his parents at Manneguda. At about 9 pm on Saturday, when his family members went for dinner, Naresh went to charge his mobile phone.

“After placing the charger in the socket, he switched on the plug and got electrocuted. His hand was also burnt in the process. Naresh was shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment, but was declared brought dead,” said the inspector.

A case under Section 174 of the CrPC has been registered based on a complaint from his father and an investigation has been taken up. The body was handed over to the family members after conducting a post-mortem at a government hospital, inspector Guruva Reddy  said.